Enjoy a slice of heaven in Honor, MI.
If being part of a community surrounded by nature is something you are searching for, look no further! Located inland from Lake Michigan, Honor is a fantastic place to raise a family. With waterfront access around every corner, you’ll enjoy kayaking, canoeing, or simply floating down the beautiful Platte River. Reset after a long week of work by spending the night under the stars camping. Take a step back in time at the Cherry Bowl Drive-In and grab a couple of scoops of ice cream at the Trading Post.
When you want to pick up the pace, take a short 30-minute drive to Traverse city! Here you can enjoyall the perks of the city, including great food, live music, shopping, and festivals!
Platte Lake Veterinary Clinic in Honor, Michigan is searching for a highly motivated, compassionate and dedicated associate veterinarian of any experience level to add to our two-doctor staff. Our growing and progressive full-service hospital is committed to maintaining a high level of medicine and quality care. For the last 30 years, we have developed a long-standing and excellent clientele who trust us to develop an educated healthcare plan for each of their pets.
We serve a diverse range of medical and surgical cases and are open to seeing all species including exotic and equine in-house. Daily procedures include dental care, dermatology and soft tissue surgery. We are equipped with in-house lab, digital full body radiography, digital dental radiography and full pharmacy.
Our devoted and skilled staff (including two licensed veterinary technicians who are also certified in veterinary dentistry) strive to practice “fear free” patient handling to help reduce the stress of clinic visits for our clients and their pets.
Platte Lake Clinic veterinarians enjoy a balance between work and a casual lifestyle, work 4 days a week (closed Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays) and do not have any after-hour emergencies.
At Platt Lake Veterinary Clinic our mission is to improve the lives of our veterinarians by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Generous personal time off (PTO)
- Medical, dental, vision disability, life insurance and professional liability insurance
- 401(k) plans with Company match
- CE Allowances
- Relocation assistance available
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age non-disqualifying or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Veterinary Technician Job Requirement
Platte Lake Veterinary Clinic is looking for a full-time Veterinary Assistant to add to our team! Our mission is to provide the highest level of medical and surgical care for our patients while serving our clients considerately and compassionately. Platte Lake Veterinary Clinic is a full-service, small animal hospital. We focus on providing high-quality care for our patients while treating them like family. Our hospital provides wellness, surgical, dental, exotic care services and more! The ideal candidate must have a passion for animals and helping people. They must be a team player, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and enjoy a fast-paced work environment. At Platte Lake, our mission is to improve the lives of our veterinary team members by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance – (for full-time employment)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off – (for full-time employment)
- Relocation Stipend
Customer Service Representative
Our practice is excited to add another Client Service Representative (CSR) to our team! We are looking for an individual who is good at communicating, organization, and multi-tasking and who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years’ prior experience in reception.
Operating Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
We are proud to offer our teammates comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with match
- Scrub allowance
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the Client Service Representative (CSR) provides an exceptional experience to our clients during every interaction. In addition to continually engaging the client, the CSR performs practice administrative tasks such as record maintenance and appointment tracking. The CSR manages practice reception (visitor and telephone), maintenance of veterinary medical records, accounts maintenance, cash processing, data entry, word processing, and mail services. The CSR applies practical knowledge of practice processes and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, and veterinary record requirements and terminology to ensure every patient is well-cared for, and every client has an exceptional experience.
Client Service Representative Competencies
- Patience & Compassion: Remaining professional while still making Doctors, teammates, clients, and patients feel as comfortable as possible regardless of the situation or challenges presented.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Carefully coordinating actions with practice team members. Quickly incorporating feedback to ensure positive results. Sharing ideas and being open to other’s ideas.
- Communicating: Conveying patient visit outcomes to clients and teammates to ensure successful client care, applying excellent written and verbal skills.
- Active Listening: Following the expressed wishes of teammates and clients.
- Client Satisfaction: Ensuring all activities and interactions result in the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Leads practice opening and closing procedures per Practice Manager instructions and practice procedures.
- Ensures all public areas are clean and presentable for patients; cleans and straightens areas including the front desk, reception area, waiting area, office, public bathroom(s), and exam rooms.
- Processes cash, checks, charge card payments, and credit account payments.
- Schedules appointments for the clinic, adhering to practice and Doctor preferences and ensuring appropriate workflow.
- Assists in the updating of client/patient files, as needed.
- Prepares and sends client correspondence.
- Sends reminder notices to clients for periodic notifications; conducts re-calls to clients on a timely basis from a call-back list.
- Performs a backup of the computer system on a regular basis, as directed.
- Performs and oversees the performance of posting daily business.
- Welcomes clients and patients to the practice with a warm and friendly demeanor, ensuring an excellent experience during the practice visit.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, applying proper telephone etiquette.
- Presents clients with medications, instructions, new client kits, and other take-home items.
- Handles emergency situations with great patience, following established clinic policies and procedures.
- Addresses client concerns calmly and appropriately, ensuring every experience ends in satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous veterinary experience preferred
- Previous reception experience required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Reception: 1 year (Preferred)
- Veterinary: 1 year (Preferred)